1. What is your favorite movie line and why? Oh, so many, and every one of them is from Steel Magnolias:
"An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure."
"I don't know how your insides are doin', but your hair is holdin' up just great."
"Yeah, he's a real gentleman--I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it."
"You are a boil on the butt of humanity!"
"There's a story there."
2. What is the worst movie you ever saw? The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl. To make things worse, my kids absolutely loved it.
3. How did you meet your significant other? Junior year in college--an organization we were involved in had a lock-in, and we both went. It was a huge group--probably over 150 people. We played one of those get-to-know you games where each person receives a sheet of paper divided into blocks. Each block says something like, "wears red underwear" or "has been to Europe". Then you have a set amount of time to find people who fit each category; the first one to complete a row or column wins, and you have to introduce the people you wrote down. One of the items was "blows their nose in the shower". When the winner stood up to introduce his people, he announced, "blows their nose in the shower....Mr. X (insert hubby's name here)." Hubby-to-be, who was all gross and sweaty from playing basketball with buddies, stood up and acted all goofy and junior high-ish, reveling in the gross-ness of it all. I sat across the room, and thought, "Ugh. What a jerk." And that is how I first laid eyes on the man o' my dreams. Needless to say, I got over my first impression.
4. How did you spend your 21st birthday? I honestly couldn't tell you. Evidently it wasn't very memorable.
5. What is your daily motto? "Onward and upward."
6. Do you use your watch, cell phone, or car clock to tell time? Cell phone or car clock. Or the mercy of strangers.
7. What's the last crafty project you tried? Did you actually finish it? Making beaded bookmarks also using shrinky-dink stuff to include profound quotes. I'm about halfway through with them.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you close? I wanted to be a reporter for the New York Times. Instead I blog about PTA, stomach viruses and diapers.
9. What's the stupidest thing you've admitted to in the last 24 hours? I do so many stupid things it's hard to keep track.
10. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke--the nectar of heaven.
*NOTE: This post was imported from my original Blogger.com blog. Comments could not be imported and are no longer available.*