We're crankin' up the memory juice around the Dryer house this summer. I figure my kids better make good use of their fresh, young brains before, like me, they forget what month it is. We have a list of things I am determined the boys will memorize during these hot and hazy days. Here it is:
- The books of the Bible (in order, of course).
- The names of Jesus' disciples.
- The names of the US presidents, again, in order. I've actually promised $5 to the person who accomplishes this first. Encouraging sibling rivalry? Yes, we pretty much use whatever tools we have around here.
- Philippians 2:6-11. The whole family is memorizing this together.
- The words to REM's "It's The End of the World As We Know It". Just because we like head-banging to that song in the mini-van and we're all tired of singing "la-dee-da-dee-la..." during the fast parts.
Any interesting summertime goals in your house?
See you back here tomorrow for Works-For-Me Wednesday!