Tuesday [insert dramatic swell of organ music] was the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. I'm truly excited to have my kids home, and out of the rat race, for three whole months. I have the best of intentions for some structured activities, and plenty of R & R, as well. I'm praying for a peaceful summer, with miraculously little bickering, utter consistency on my part, and cheerful cooperation from my kids. That's reasonable, isn't it?
In all seriousness, last summer was a struggle for me, physically, spiritually and mentally (and here is where I pause to acknowledge that you wonderful homeschool moms are probably shaking your head to think that one short summer overwhelms me. My hat is off to you.). Last summer I found myself impatient, irritable and generally un-focused as a mother. This summer, I'm determined, will NOT be a repeat. I'm going to trim back--just a bit--my time spent blogging. My focus belongs on my kids, and on my own sometimes-crabby heart! Don't worry--Works-For-Me Wednesday isn't going anywhere.
So here's to summer fun, pillow fights, tents in the living room, skinned knees, hair full of chlorine, bags full of library books, and the grace for this mom's heart to handle it with patience and humor. I'm ready!
On a totally different note, to those of you out there who watch the show Lost--feel like dishing about the show last night? I PROMISE, non-Losties, I won't turn this into a Lost blog, but it was the season finale. Big stuff. *SPOILER AHEAD, IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT* Here's what I'm left wondering (among a bazillion other things, of course):
- Is Desmond dead? And oh-my-gosh WHAT is the deal with his old fiance...remember earlier in the show when she said, "If you have enough money and determination you can find anyone?" Has she been looking for him all this time? And I'm wondering now if her wealthy father is somehow deeply involved with this whole thing. Could he be a Hanso guy?
- And LIBBY met Desmond in a flashback. What the heck? Maybe, just maybe, we're going to find out about the back-story of Libby in the mental institution, after all.
- What was that "knowing look" that passed between Jack and Kate right before the Others slipped the hoods on? Was it "I love you"? Or maybe "Let's go kick some Other hiney"?
- And was it just me, or was Charlie acting a little strange in his last scene with Claire? Why was he being evasive about what happened in the hatch?
- Let me just go on record here as saying that you KNOW Sayid is going to swoop in and save the day, freeing Jack, Kate and Sawyer and wiping that annoying smirk off Henry's face. Sayid always saves the day. I love him. He may be the most under-rated character on that show.
It will be a looooong summer waiting for answers, my friends.