1. Got my very first passport (story to come soon--it's a doozy).
2. Stayed up until the wee hours of the morning reading through the archives of this blog. Wept until my face hurt, and then went to love on my kids.
3. Spent $54 at the vet's office on an $8 rat.
4. While in Arkansas, awakened in our hotel room in the middle of the night to find that my daughter was nowhere to be seen. Found the little bugger in the bathroom, where she had painted the entire room (walls, potty, sink, herself, etc.) with my mascara wand.
5. Left housekeeping a very good tip the next day.
6. Went to Wal Mart so many times that I'm starting to think I should just hand out my credit card number to every associate the minute I walk in the door.
7. Listened to Hubs Dryer beatbox using a Disney Princess microphone. I love that man.
8. Joined a gym, but I did it on December 31st so that technically it wouldn't count as a new year's resolution.
9. Went into such an absolutely spazzed-out organization/cleaning frenzy that it will truly have to be a blog post of its own.
10. Got a much-needed phone call from a dear friend who said simply, "I'm coming to get your boys right now. You need some rest." That girl has bailed me out more times than I can count.
11. Was amazed at how much cleaner my house was when I'm not blogging regularly. Thought about giving up blogging for 3.7 seconds. Then the moment passed, and I just decided to live in a dirty house.
13. Fell in love with this toy. Corrie calls it her "pooter" (computer). Listened to sons joke endlessly about the fact that their sister talks about a pooter.
14. Stayed up too late laughing with dear friends last night. It's a great way to start the year.
15. Let my kids watch the ball drop at 11 pm CST last night and conveniently "forgot" to explain how time zones work so that they'd go ahead and GO TO BED ALREADY.
16. Three words: sassy pink laptop. Oh, and one more word: MINE!