UPCOMING 'THEMED' WFMWs:
May 2: It's WFMW: The Birthday Edition! Have any ideas for making birthdays extra special for your friends or families? Any brilliant ideas for kids' parties? An inexpensive gift idea? Please share your best birthday ideas!
June 6: How about WFMW: The Mom-I'm-Bored Edition? Summer is coming, and that means lots of family togetherness. Please share your clever ideas for keeping the kids entertained, especially when it's a bit too hot to play outside.
July 4: I thought about trying to figure out a patriotic theme for this one, but I'm drawing a blank. Instead, let's celebrate good ol' American capitalism with WFMW: The Brand-Loyal Edition. What specific brands of specific products inspire deep loyalty in you? What brands are you willing to pay more for?
August 1: It's WFMW: Great Parenting Advice Edition. What parenting lessons have you learned the hard way? Save us all some headaches and share!
* * * * * * * *
Alrighty, folks. This Works-For-Me Wednesday has gotten way bigger than I ever imagined it would've, and I'm so excited about that. I can't believe how much I've learned from you! The good ol' Southern girl in me would like to let everyone do this her own way and not ruffle any feathers...but the reality is, with the current size of WFMW, it's time to make things easier and inject some rules. SOME OF THIS WILL BE NEW TO YOU, so please read carefully.
1. So what exactly IS Works-For-Me Wednesday (WFMW), anyway?
WFMW is a "blog carnival" (that concept is explained here). Basically, the idea is that on Wednesday you post a little tip you've learned--whether on parenting, or cleaning, or computers...basically anything that has "worked for you" in making your life easier. You post a link back here to my WFMW post, and enter your link in the "Mr. Linky" form at the bottom of my post.
2. You do not have to ask me first before you participate in WFMW. Just jump right in.
3. You are not required to use the WFMW banner, though you are more than welcome to do so.
If you do, please be sure you're using the the current one, at the top of this post. If you don't know how to add an image to your post, you can follow the instructions here.
4. Please only leave a link if you have written a WFMW post. Please mention WFMW in your post, and link back to my master list here.
From here on out, I'll just delete "empty" links.
5. Link to your WFMW post, not to the front page of your blog.
This makes browsing so much easier for everyone, especially when people browse around in the archives. For an explanation on how to do this, go here.
6. Please DO NOT host your own WFMW "Mr. Linky" at your site.
I'd appreciate it if you'd keep Rocks In My Dryer as the only homepage for Works-For-Me Wednesday.
7. Please be patient with your e-mail questions.
In particular, if you have a question that could be answered by using the "Help" section in your blogging software ("How do I upload images?" or "How do I link back to you from my page?"), please check there for answers first.
8. When you enter your link on Mr. Linky, you will most likely notice that it says "delete link" next to your name. If you click on that, it will let you delete what you just posted. No one else can see it, just like you can't see the "delete link" next to my name on my computer. Make sense?
9. Enter a 3-4 word description of your post, in parentheses, after you put your name. Be descriptive, be specific, and BE BRIEF.
For example, where the box below says "Your Name", you might put:
Melissa (Uses for Bleach)
Julie (Kids' Crafts)
Mary (Organizing Toys)
Make sense? This will make it a jillion times easier to browse through the tips. PLEASE KEEP YOUR PARENTHETICAL TITLE TO A MAXIMUM OF 4 WORDS. Mr. Linky freaks out sometimes when the "Your Name" portion gets too long, and it can mess up the alignment of the whole deal, making it harder to read.
10. I'll put my WFMW post up no later than 12:01 am (central time) each Wednesday. Frequently, I'll have it up an hour or two earlier.
I know this is a lot of information! Please know that I'm just trying to find a way to make it easier for people to browse through all your wonderful ideas. Thank you SO much for participating in this--YOU are the reason it is such a success!
11. I reserve the right to delete any links that are inappropriate.